Saturday, July 10, 2010

A refuge in times of trouble

The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, A refuge in times of trouble.

(Psalm 9:9)

Seeing the difficulties and problems of this world many a time we lament saying, “Oh I am helpless. There is none to help me.” But our Lord says, “I will not leave you as orphans” (John 14:18). “I am the helper of the fatherless” (Hosea 14:3; Psalm 10:14). He will respond to the prayer of the destitute. He will not despise their plea (Psalm 102:16). Dear Friend! The Lord shall never ignore the prayer of the destitute. You should also pray for your family members who are not yet saved. The Lord shall certainly listen to your prayer.

In order to deliver the people of Israel from their sins, Daniel turned to the Lord God and pleaded with him in prayer and petition. At that time Gabriel, the angel of God came and touched him. He instructed him, “Daniel, I have now come to give you insight and understanding. As soon as you began to pray, an answer was given, which I have come to tell you for you are highly esteemed.
Therefore, consider the message and understand the vision” (Daniel 9:3-21). The Lord who knows your faithfulness shall certainly turn His face towards you. He who heard the prayer of Daniel shall certainly listen to your prayer also. When Jacob was confronted by afflictions, he pleaded with God with tears (Hosea 12:4). On account of that he reconciled with his brother and they lived in peace.

“I cried out to God with my voice; To God with my voice; And He gave ear to me” (Psalm 77:1). According to this Scripture verse, when you cry out to God in prayer, He shall certainly listen to you. 'Then it shall be to Me a name of joy, a praise, and an honor before all nations of the earth, who shall hear all the good that I do to them; they shall fear and tremble for all the goodness and all the prosperity that I provide for it' (Jeremiah 33:9). When people see the blessings showered on you by the Lord, they would say, “Oh this house is like heaven.” The Lord who listened to Daniel, David and Jacob when they cried out to Him shall certainly hear your prayer also. He shall grant you victory. He shall turn your wailing into dancing (Psalm 30:10, 11). He shall also satisfy you with His bounty (Jeremiah 31:14).

Prayer:

Almighty God,

Give me the grace to have the privilege of being Your child and calling You “Abba Father”. Help me to confess that I am the child of the King of kings and the Lord of lords who can call upon the matchless name of Your only begotten Son Jesus Christ through Whom we are promised every spiritual blessings of heaven. May Your never ending mercy rest upon me always. Today I thank You for giving me this great privilege.

In the most precious name of Jesus I pray.

Amen.
http://www.jesuscalls.org/

No comments: