Sunday, July 25, 2010

Plans to Prosper

but your sorrow will be turned into joy

(John 16:20)

Dear Friend! Our loving God says, “For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future” (Jeremiah 29:11). It is God’s desire to grant you His divine peace and make you happy (John 14:27). He has unconditional love for you and wants your soul to be prosperous always (3 John 2).

A certain sister met me in person and shared with me all her experiences. Once it so happened that suddenly both her legs were swollen. When she sought medical help, the doctor remarked, “There is fluid in your legs. It has to be sucked out by a needle”. Following this, she visited the hospital everyday for treatment. There was none to help her. She had two small children. She had to get her children ready for school, drop them at school, bring them back and also cook for them. On account of the problem in her legs she could neither stand nor walk. Somehow she dragged herself inside the house and did all the work.

Although her children wanted to help their mother they could not do anything as they were very small. Her condition became worse. One day they were watching the Jesus Calls TV program. That day while I offered prayers in that program I said, “Oh Lord, please heal those who are suffering with swelling in their legs”. She felt as if that prayer was meant only for her. When I prayed she was in her bed unable to move or lift her legs.

After the prayer the Holy Spirit descended on her and lifted her up from the bed. Realizing the change that has come into her body she tried to stand on her legs. At that moment a new strength surged into her. Immediately after that prayer she began to walk and started doing all the household work cheerfully with divine joy and peace enveloping her heart.

The Bible says, “From the west, men will fear the name of the Lord, and from the rising of the sun, they will revere his glory” (Isaiah 59:19). “The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you” (Romans 16:20). Therefore, be of good cheer! The Lord shall certainly perform a miracle for you. Are you troubled by your own family members? Today the Holy Spirit shall descend upon them also. They may be your children or your spouse, whoever they may be, the Lord of peace shall descend upon them. The plan of God which He has for you is a plan of peace to prosper your soul. On this wonderful day, my friend, please place your trust on Him without any reservation.

Prayer:

Loving Lord Jesus Christ,

You who guard and guide my ways, I come to Your throne of grace not considering my good works but In Your sheer mercy. I approach You as one having been blessed with the privilege of being able to call You “Abba Father”. I fall prostrate at Your feet on this day and ask You to cleanse me of my sins. Let my sins not be a barrier in my communion with You. May all my thoughts, words and deeds be pleasing in Your sight. Help me to receive Your favour and be protected under Your mighty wings.

In Your precious and matchless name I pray.

Amen.

No comments: