Monday, July 5, 2010

Lord's mercy

Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

(Lamentations 3:22)

When we are confronted by trials, temptations and worries in this world, we become so restless. However, it is the Lord’s desire to cover us with His divine mercy even in that situation. His compassions never fail. They are new every morning (Lamentations 3:22, 23). So when you get up early in the morning and plead with Him for His grace, He shall crown you with His grace and mercy. It is recorded in the Bible, “The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love” (Exodus 34:6, Nehemiah 9:17, Psalm 86:15, 103:8, 111:4, 145:8).

David who was so close to the Lord cried out to Him saying, “Have mercy on me, O God, according to Your unfailing love; according to Your great compassion blot out my transgression. Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin” (Psalm 51:1, 2). David lived a life pleasing God. He was a prayer warrior who prayed to God in the morning, noon, evening and in the night. He had a close relationship with the Lord (Psalm 55:17; 63:1, 6,). He was a man after God’s own heart (Acts 13:22).

Even king David had to face a temptation. “… the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour” (1 Peter 5:8). “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy” (John 10:10). According to these Scripture verses the devil was planning to destroy David. One evening David instead of praying strolled on the terrace of his palace. It was then he gave room for devil and indulged in adultery. Then he cried out to God saying, “Lord have mercy on me. Create in me a clean heart.” Even in that situation the Lord showed grace and mercy towards him. That is why he joyfully declared, “God’s mercy is great” (2 Samuel 24:14).

Prayer:

Loving Heavenly Father,

You alone can grant me the indescribable joy in my life. I believe that the joy of the Lord alone is my strength. In Your immense grace and mercy cleanse me of all my sins and grant me the counsel that I need for this day. You are wonderful in counsel, mighty in deed and the God of peace. Help me to keep my eyes always focused on You for every need in my life.
In the matchless name of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ I pray.
Amen.

No comments: