Saturday, July 17, 2010

Are you happy?

The LORD your God in your midst, The Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love,

He will rejoice over you with singing."
(Zephaniah 3:17)

Dear Friend! The awesome, mighty, incomparable, victorious and compassionate God who has the power to save you is with you on this day. He is not just sitting down somewhere far way in heaven but He is in the midst of you and is approachable always. “The LORD your God in your midst, The Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness” (Zephaniah 3:17). He is surrounded by light (1 Timothy 6:16).

Normally no man can enter into His presence. However, our loving Lord Jesus Christ says that He can take us to the Father. Therefore, Jesus Christ says, “My dear children! Ask anything in My name and I will give it to you.” It is for this reason that whenever we make our supplications to our heavenly Father we offer it in the name of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Through Jesus Christ one can enter into the presence of the Almighty God. “…For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will dwell in them And walk among them. I will be their God, And they shall be My people… I will be a Father to you, And you shall be My sons and daughters, Says the LORD Almighty" (2 Corinthians 6: 16, 18). Definitely this is a blessed privilege.

"But this is what I commanded them, saying, 'Obey My voice, and I will be your God, and you shall be My people.” (Jeremiah 7:23). The Lord longs to walk and dwell with us as a mighty God to pull you out of all your troubles. What does He do? He rejoices over you with gladness. God is glad upon seeing us happy.

Therefore, for God to rejoice, He is going to bless you on this day. God dislikes seeing you weep. When my sister Angel passed away we wept. One day the Lord spoke to us through the Holy Spirit. He told, “My children! I am also crying with you. Don’t think that I am hard-hearted. If I were to explain the reason as to why I allowed this, you will not understand. At the right time you will understand it. You must understand that now I am weeping with you.” Truly, He weeps along with us when we weep.

Jesus Christ rejoiced upon seeing the overwhelming happiness on the faces of Martha and Mary even as they embraced Lazarus. He rejoiced in the banquet that ensued to celebrate the resurrection of Lazarus. This is the wonderful heart of our Lord Jesus Christ. He wants to rejoice seeing you glad. It is for this purpose that

Jesus Christ has suffered on the cross at Calvary. He has destroyed the powers of sorrows, sickness and sin.
Today when you cry out to Him, “Lord! Save me from sin, sickness and devil” He descends as a mighty God in your midst to deliver you. He rejoices over you with gladness.

Prayer:
Loving Heavenly Father,
I confess that You are with me as a mighty warrior and rejoice when I am happy. Just as how apostle Paul stated, ‘I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me’ help me also to place my trust in You to be strengthened always. May I be strengthened to do whatever my hand finds to do, with all my might never growing weary in doing good just as how Jesus Christ sojourned on this earth being anointed with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for You are with Him. Grant me also the anointing of the Holy Spirit is a similar measure that I may be strengthened to do good works throughout my life. Help me to watch and pray. I trust that Your only begotten Son is the Bread of Life and He shed His blood to cleanse me of my sins. On this day, may the joy of the Lord be my strength.
In the precious name of Jesus Christ I pray.
Amen.

http://www.jesuscalls.org/

No comments: