Wednesday, July 21, 2010

AMTHE VICTORIOUS WALK

Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution.
(2 Timothy 3:12)

Everyone born in this world live with their own characteristic attitudes that are different one from another including one’s spiritual life. Nevertheless, whatever be the state of affairs of everyone, difficulties faced in passing a single day cannot be expressed.

Those who wallow in poverty lament, “When shall my plight change?” Some of those who are caught up in problems relating to family life say with tears, “Is there a way for my life to blossom?” When we think about such sufferings, the question that arises in our mind is that, “Why did I enter this world?’

But Paul the Apostle who was chosen by God triumphed over all afflictions in this world uttered as follows: “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day – and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing” (2 Timothy 4: 7, 8).

He also writes to Timothy his son begotten in Jesus Christ who ministered with Him the following so that we too can triumph over all our problems in this world. “But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness.

Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses” (1 Timothy 6:11, 12).

Leading a true Christian life is definitely difficult. Probably those who lead a worldly life with the aim of “Let us eat, drink and die,” seem to have an easy life. But those who would like to live as true servants of Christ shall certainly go through trials and temptations.

“For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms” (Ephesians 6:12). Paul the Apostle has clearly explained as to how we can overcome all our struggles and walk victoriously in our life so that we can wear the crown of righteousness and live in the presence of God forever and ever more.

Prayer:

Loving Lord Jesus Christ,

I confess that if in this life only I have hope in You, I am of all men the most pitiable. You have risen to give me the hope that in You all shall be made alive. You have promised to abide with me always until the end of ages. I praise You with all my heart, strength, mind and body. You alone are the way, the truth, the life and the resurrection. On this day, give me the grace to run the race which you have granted into my hands with all patience. Please make Your divine light shine upon me and bless me.

Amen.

No comments: