Monday, June 28, 2010

LORD FORGIVE MY SINS

But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
(1 John 1:7)

A woman came with great faith seeking the Lord’s divine love. But, the people who were there branded her as ‘sinner’. Yet by His matchless love He forgave her sins and sent her happy saying, “Your faith has saved you. Go in peace” (Luke 7:50).

He is the only One who has the power to forgive sins because He is the One who offered His body as a living sacrifice on the cross to die for our sins and iniquities. It is stated in the Bible, “Let the wicked forsake his way, And the unrighteous man his thoughts; Let him return to the LORD, And He will have mercy on him; And to our God, For He will abundantly pardon” (Isaiah 55:7). God is ready to shower His grace and mercy to all who cry out to Him for forgiveness and pardon. He will forgive our iniquity and He will forget our sins (Jeremiah 31:34).

Once there lived a man who did not love his wife, his children and his relatives. Even in his workspot, he was arrogant and would not obey anyone. So, no one loved him in this world. His children refused to accept him as their father and hated his presence at home. He made it a habit to come home fully drunk, thrash his wife and children and then go to sleep.

One day, he had a dream. In it, he saw the Lord hanging on the cross with His hand and feet nailed to it. From the cross, it looked as if He was speaking to him saying, “My son! I am already wounded for your sins. Why do you hurt Me and make Me bleed again? Will you not love Me?” This broke his heart to pieces! When he opened his eyes, he found all the members of the family asleep. His children were groaning in sleep because of the pain he inflicted on them. With tears in his eyes, he hugged them and kissed them. He woke up his wife and told her what happened. The same moment, he became a true Christian. His life changed upside down.

Dear Friend! The love of God can change any hard-hearted man (Hosea 11:4). Now you do a little bit of introspection about your own life and see if there are any evil thoughts, wicked ideas and other vices in your life. God who changed the drunkard’s life in the above incident says, “My child! Give me your heart” (Proverbs 23:26). Accept His loving call and surrender your life to Him!

Prayer:

Loving Lord!

Your Calvary love is incomparable. Let this divine love change my life completely and make me walk in Your ways. From today onwards, help me to lead a holy life and find favour in Your sight. Hold my hand and lead me in the way I should go. I confess that nothing is impossible with You. Give me the grace to change those things which You desire I could make a change and to accept those things which I cannot and help me understand Your awesome guiding presence in everything that I do. Help me to remain attached in You – the True Vine, like the branch to bear much fruits.

In Your precious name I pray.

Amen.

No comments: