Monday, June 21, 2010

The Grass Is Always Greener!

"I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am."

Philippians 4:11

The grass may be greener on the other side of the fence, but it has to be mowed, too! Are you enjoying life? If not, maybe it is because you are taking for granted what you already have. You may think, "I can't enjoy my life, here. I have too many problems." Let me encourage you not to focus on what you do not have, and begin focusing on the good things in your life. Take just a moment and thank God for your health and strength. Maybe you have lost your health and you feel miserable, but you must realize it could be worse. Thank God for your job! It may be difficult, but it is one source of God's provision to meet your needs. Years ago, I heard my Agency Manager say, "I complained about having no shoes, until I saw a man, who didn't have any feet."

The secret of being content in a dissatisfying world is to rejoice in your relationship with Jesus Christ! Paul says in Philippians 4:4, "No matter what you're going through, no matter what your life is like, no matter what your circumstances are, rejoice in the Lord always, and again I say rejoice!" Instead of being the grumpiest man on earth, Paul is the most joyful man on earth, because he has Jesus Christ in his life. When God is in your life, you do not need many things to make you happy. God is the source of your happiness!

We search all over for things that will give contentment and peace of mind! Yet, there is a treasure we can enjoy right where we are -- a joyful relationship with Christ! Do you need the contentment, joy, and peace of mind I have been talking about? Do you need to make things right with God? Stop, right now, and give thanks to God for His blessings in your life. Nothing will hinder your relationship with God and stop you from advancing to the next level more than an ungrateful, unthankful attitude.

Make a decision that you are going to start being happy right where you are! The secret of true happiness is to enjoy life -- regardless of your circumstances! Allow God to take you to victory, and you will live the abundant, joy-filled, life He has in store for you!

WISDOM WORD: "You cannot shake hands with a clenched fist." ~ Golda Meir, Former Prime Minister - Israel

TODAY'S PRAYER: "Father, I am incredibly blessed! Thank You for all the wonderful blessings in my life. I will praise You, In Jesus' Name, Amen!"

No comments: