Thursday, April 1, 2010

How is your walk?

Philippians 3:17 "Brethren, join in following my example, and note those who so walk, as you have us for a pattern."


Many get weary very soon and give up 'walking with God'. I want to share some important truths with you today. Walking impatiently, rashly and hastily will take us no where; we need to learn to walk faithfully, patiently and truthfully. Psalm 37:23 says, "The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and He delights in his way."

God looks at Joshua and tells him, "Every place that the sole of your foot will tread upon I have given you.." God expects Joshua to take a step of faith and conquer the enemy territory. The Bible says, "Walk by faith and not by sight." Walking in faith means to look beyond the present circumstances, to look beyond the present sufferings, failure, discouragements and darkness. It is to walk holding on to the pleasant promises of God which would surely come to pass. Right now, many of your steps are staggering, unsteady, you have given up hopes and you have no strength to walk steadily. Let this message pick you up and draw you by the collar to trust God and walk briskly. Will you?

When I think back of my walk with God, it surely has been a long walk. I dreamt that the moment I resigned my job, I would have doors opened for me and I would instantly get busy. It never works that way. In fact, it happened the other way around, all doors were closed. I had a fire in my heart to serve the Lord, but I did not know how! I started praying and walking inside my prayer room, days turned to months, months turned to years, but I faithfully kept walking everyday. Now and then, God would open a door like an oasis in a dessert, but I knew the real break-through is yet to come. God did prove to be faithful in my life and before He could build my ministry, He taught me to walk faithfully. Sometimes, it is truly exasperating and frustrating when nothing seems to move; yet today I suggest that you just walk with God. Wake up in the morning and spend quiet times with the Lord, read the Word even if you don't feel like it and trust Him even if the situation is grim and gloomy. Remember just one thing, He can change your circumstances! I was ministering to a hindu lady who was shattered because her husband had an affair with another lady. I just advised her to walk faithfully trusting Jesus to do a miracle. As I was leading her to Christ, the situation started getting bad instead of improving but I asked her to focus just on Jesus. She would read the Bible in her office, pray as often as she could because she was unable to worship Jesus openly. She attended meetings even though she did not understand the sermon, but God was watching her sincere walk with Him. Praise God! Allow God to work in your life, instead of you holding the reigns.

Paul says in 1 Thessalonians 4:1 "Finally brethren, we urge and exhort in the Lord Jesus that you should abound more and more, just as you received from us how you ought to walk and to please God."

No comments: