Thursday, August 26, 2010

Glory to GOD

Whoever offers praise glorifies Me; And to him who orders his conduct aright I will show the salvation of God.


(Psalm 50:23)

When we keep praising God with a heart of gratitude, the glory of God shall be revealed in our life. His grace also increases in our life in order to reveal His glory. The Lord expects only a heart of gratitude from us. It is stated in the Bible, “For all things are for your sakes, that grace, having spread through the many, may cause thanksgiving to abound to the glory of God” (2 Corinthians 4:15).

Ten lepers came to the Lord Jesus and requested Him to heal them from their leprosy. The Lord blessed them and sent them away. On their way back all of them were healed through the power of God. But only one Samaritan came back to the Lord and thanked Him. The heart of Jesus was really pained (Luke 17:12-19). Once a lady known to us, lovingly invited us to her home to have a meal. We too accepted her invitation and went to her house. When we sat around the dining table she told me, “Sister, I had an opportunity to participate in one of your meetings. During the message you said that we have to pray and praise God before every meal. You also said that when we do that nothing shall harm us. I strictly follow your advice everytime I have a meal. I have also taught my children to do that.”

My mother taught me a valuable lesson even while I was a child. Whenever we buy something new whether it is a pen or a pencil we have to take it first to the church and pray before using it. We must wear our new dresses first to the church and offer thanks to God for providing it. Dear Friend! When you get a new dress wear it first to the presence of God and offer your thanks. Then the Lord shall bless you in an abundant measure. When you praise the Lord from the bottom of your heart, the grace of God automatically increases in your life. The Bible also says, “Whoever offers praise glorifies Me” (Psalm 50:23).

Prayer:

Loving heavenly Father,

I place before Your nail-pierced feet all my unbearable worries and burdens. Please transform my life to love You and serve You more. Help me to seek You and Your kingdom first. I firmly believe that You will change everything in my life and will bless me from today onwards. All praise, thanks and glory belong to You.



In Jesus precious name I pray.



Amen.



--

No comments: