Monday, September 13, 2010

Jesus the caretaker

"The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring me out of my distresses." ~ Psalm 25:17


If you're ruled by your emotions, jump off that rollercoaster! I've discovered over the years that I really can trust the Lord. Psalms 27:14 says, "Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart: wait, I say, on the Lord." This "waiting" is not about sitting idly -- twiddling your thumbs, hoping for God to move in your life. It isn't about refusing to move until you have heard from God on the matter, but continuing to serve Him with all of your heart. You are always about "the Father's business." You continue to serve God with courage, power, strength, and confidence!

. God may not be early in your situation, but He's never late! I can hear the bugle blowing now! "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." Proverbs 34:18.

When someone is hurting, they get God's attention! If a bird falls to the ground, He knows it. If a hair falls from your head, He knows it. The person who is hurting financially has God's attention. If you have been crushed by problems, or have been neglected, abused, or wronged, you have God's attention. He is right here to mend your broken-heart!

The first sermon Jesus ever preached said the reason He came was "to heal the broken hearted." Psalms 51:17 says, "A broken and a contrite heart, O God, you will not despise." Satan would have you think God is not to be bothered with your problems, that He is not concerned about you. Even if you go to Him, nothing will happen, so why bother? God says, "Come unto me... I will give you rest." God says, "Call on me while I am near." God wants to touch the heart that is under attack. When your heart comes under attack by the enemy, run to the rock. Psalms 61:2 "From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I." Jump off that emotional rollercoaster, and run into the arms of a loving God!

No comments: